Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Woman Posing - How to Paint the Body

Stretching

One way to paint the body is to find an interesting pose - one that will challenge you. With this pose of a woman stretching I was able to challenge myself. I think that the viewer is also challenged because it is not a typical pose - one stops to actually look at her.

This painting was not an easy task it took work to try and get the proportions right without too many distortions.

I think the depth and muscle tones were achieve quite nicely. Again not the classic Barbie doll but indeed a very attractive woman.

I love the pose and I love they way it all came together.

In this painting I chose to draw her in purples, blues, grey, orange and browns with a distinct highlight of purple.

This painting was inspired by one of Lucian Freud's oil paintings. This painting is watercolor paints and pencils on paper 30cm x 40cm.

No comments:

Post a Comment