Thursday, November 14, 2013

Nude Man Crouching Watercolor Painting

                                         Feeling Purple


There are many ways to paint the human body but this pose really challenged me. Here is a man that looked quite innocent and peaceful and I transformed it into fire. The fire that is in his veins; the fire that is in his head; the fire that makes up who he is.

It was quite challenging to get the pose right; the proportions right but I think I got it.

I love how the colors blend into each other and there is no distinct borders between colors.

I think the depth and muscle tones were achieve quite nicely. Not a typical male pose looking into at the beholder but rather one that holds secrets.

In this painting I chose to draw him in purples, blues, grey, orange and yellows with a distinct highlight of purple.

This painting was inspired by one of Lucian Freud's oil paintings. This painting is watercolor paints and pencils on paper 30cm x 40cm.


No comments:

Post a Comment